The Regional Soils Laboratory is a unit of the Integrated Laboratory Services Division of the Department of Agriculture, Regional Field Office 3. It is established for agricultural purposes, primarily for a perceptible impact on the productivity of the soil, ultimately helping the individual farmer increase his crop production towards a higher income.
Duties & Functions:
- Formulates plans and programs for the efficient operation of the unit in accordance with the thrusts and policies of the D.A.,
- Establishes standards, procedures and techniques in the analysis of soil, water, plant, fertilizers and other materials vital to crop production.,
- Provides services in testing soil, water, plant samples, fertilizers and other materials to farmers and the general public and provides recommendations in the use of lime, zinc, and fertilizers.,
- Provides services in the production and distribution of Compost Fungus acticator and Mushroom Spawn, and conducts quality control of the produced in all Provincial Laboratories.
- Identifies problem soil areas for research and development.,
- Maintains linkages with other soil laboratories in the region for advances in soil, water, plant material and fertilizer testing.
- Chemical Analysis Sub-Unit
- Establishes programs, standards, techniques and procedures in the analysis of soil, water, plant samples, fertilizers and other materials.
- Conducts chemical analysis of soil, water, plant samples, fertilizers and other materials
- Updates analytical methods for testing of soil, water, plant samples, fertilizers and other materials.,
- Provides technical assistance to all Provincial Soil Laboratories in the region.
- Biological Production Sub-Unit
- Produces and distributes Compost Fungus Activator and Mushroom Spawn.
- Conducts assurance and quality testing of CFA and Mushroom Spawn in all Provincial Laboratories,
- Conducts information dissemination on the use of CFA and Mushroom Spawn.
- Physical Analysis Sub-Unit
- Establishes programs, standards, techniques and procedures for the physical analysis of soils and other materials
- Conducts physical analysis of soils such as textural class and soil structure.
- Provides technical assistance to all provincial laboratories in the region
- Soil Test Kit Sub-Unit
- Establishes guidelines and procedures for the utilization, distribution and monitoring of soil test kits/rapid soil test kits.
- Updates, compiles and collates various STK data for statistical evaluation and interpretation.
- Develops training programs for farmers and technicians on the utilization of the STY/RST as a diagnostic kit for soils.
- Checks and calibrates equipment and other facilities for analysis; conducts spot-checking of
analysis for assurance and quality control measures.
FRONTLINE SERVICESClick to View/Download