The Feed Chemical Analysis Laboratory (FCAL) was established under Republic Act 1556, which is also known as Livestock and Poultry Feeds Act. This act aims to regulate and control the manufacture, importation, labeling, advertising and sale of livestock and poultry feeds manufactured throughout the Philippines.
FCAL is a unit under the Integrated Laboratories Division of the Department of Agriculture- RFO3.
- provide services to support quality production among animal raisers and give recommendations
- provide services to support regulatory functions of monitoring feed millers and retailers in compliance to feed quality standards
- provide services to researchers who engage in searching feed additives and substitutes, new feed formulations and organic farming; follow laboratory standards, procedures and techniques in the analysis of feeds and feedstuffs that are vital for food supply and quality
- formulate plans and programs for the efficient operation of the unit in accordance with the thrusts and policies of the Department of Agriculture, specifically food security and higher income of farmers.
The following are the services being offered by the Feed Chemical Analysis Laboratory.
A. Physicochemical Analysis
- performs Complete Proximate Analysis such as Crude Protein, Crude Fat, Crude Fiber, Moisture and Ash
- performs Mineral Analysis of feed and feedstuff such as Calcium, Phosphorus and Salt
- provides technical assistance to animal farm raisers who encountered problems due to feeds and feedstuffs
B. Mycotoxin Analysis
- performs Mycotoxin analysis such as Total Aflatoxin (AFB1, AFB2, AFG1 & AFG2), Ochratoxin, T2/HT2, Fumonisin, Zearalenone, Deoxynevalenol in corn, feeds, and other feed ingredients
C. Other Analysis
- also performs analysis such as Nitrogen Free Extract and Metabolizable Energy
If interested to avail our services, you may contact our office through (045) 961-1574, 09456301798 -globe, and 09082395600 -smart.
HOW TO AVAIL OUR SERVICES?
|CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS||WHERE TO SECURE|
|Sample (minimum of 200 grams per sample)||Client|
|Request Letter (1 original copy, for students and academe clienteles only)||Client|
|Sample receiving form (1 original copy)||Feed Laboratory|
|Order of payment (1 original copy each office)||Feed Laboratory and Accounting Section|
|Official receipt (1 original copy)||Cashier|
LIST OF PERSONNEL
Abigail P. Beltran, RCh
PRC License No. 0008637
Chemist III/ Section Chief
Jenny C. Lambanicio, RCh
PRC License No. 0012411
Marie Angela C. Quiambao, RCh
PRC License No. 0013153
DJ Ryan M. Badar, RChT
PRC License No. 0003643
Leonida S. Garcia
Laboratory Technician II
Rizalinda C. Cunanan
Laboratory Aide II
Dolly M. Mangio
Administrative Support Staff
Irene C. Alvaro